[PAEE] new position at The Schuylkill Center
geisthaus at comcast.net
Thu Jun 29 08:21:01 CDT 2006
Program Development Manager (PDM)
The Schuylkill Center seeks a highly motivated individual to work with
its Director of Education to develop and promote its environmental
education programs through a newly created position. This position will
be funded for two years, with the possibility of extension based on job
performance and program growth. The PDM will be responsible for
promoting the Center's diverse programming and resources
(landscape-based EE, outreach to schools and community organizations,
summer camp, challenge course, adult and professional education,
scouting, informal weekend programs) by networking extensively with
individuals, organizations, school districts, corporations, and other
municipal agencies in the region to attract new clients and enhance
For the first few months, the PDM will work closely with the Education
Department, facilitating a variety of educational programs, including
occasional weekend days and evenings, to gain first-hand experience with
the programs that they will be responsible for promoting in the region.
The PDM plays a critical role in identifying organizations in need of
quality education about the environment and will be responsible for
networking with key stakeholders (school districts, home and school
groups, county intermediate units, camp fairs, etc.) and for creating
and giving effective presentations that support the goals and standards
of the organization. Some local travel will be required.
* Collaborate with Center staff in the design of comprehensive
strategic program development plans to meet mission and budget goals.
* Research and develop materials (print, direct mail, internet,
telecommunications, etc.) to publicize the Center's resources and
programs with organizations, companies, agencies, and other institutions
in the region.
* Network extensively with school districts, area educational
associations, organizations, and government agencies to communicate the
varied resources available at the Center.
* Design mechanism to further the Center's understanding of school
district needs, community needs, and other forces in the field of
environmental education (i.e., surveys, event feedback, market analysis,
public opinion, etc).
* Maintain a database of leads generated from program development
* Regularly communicate programmatic efforts and analysis with
* Facilitate environmental education programs weekdays and on
occasional evenings and weekends.
* Staff seasonal public events.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in a discipline related to program
* PA teaching certificate in Environmental Education helpful,
especially in K-12 and/or Elementary Education, Middle School Science or
a Secondary Science.
* Knowledge of trends in the education field.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
* Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
* Proficiency in MS Office programs including MS Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook and FrontPage.
* Strong attention to detail and organization
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the
flexibility to respond to changing priorities.
Salary and Benefits:
* Salary of $32,000 -- $35,000 depending on experience and
* 401(k) plan
* Comprehensive health, dental and short term disability & long
term disability plans
* Sick days, personal days, holidays, and vacation days
* Business casual dress code
* A friendly, team-oriented environment
Please send your resume and three references to:
Director of Education
The Schuylkill Center
8480 Hagy's Mill Road
Philadelphia, PA 19128
More information about the PAEE