[PAEE] Sticking Up for EE

Roy rab304 at psu.edu
Fri Jul 2 13:28:06 CDT 2004

Jean and PAEE Listserv Members,

   And thank you and PAEE for having the energy, courage, and intestinal
fortitude to track down reliable information and make the case for an
environmental education community that works as members of a team towards
the common goals we have, while respecting and appreciating the goals of
others in the EE community that we may not all share in.  EE is many things
to many people, but turning it into a politicized battle distracts us all
from our primary mission - environmental education.

A lot of people expended time and energy in information gathering and
dissemination over the past months regarding SB1040, diverting time and
energy from work, family, and personal well-being.  If they had not,
environmental education as we know it and believe it should be would have
been compromised further than it has been.  I hope the EE community remains
vigilant, vocal, and revitalized.  It's not over until it's over.

Strength is important, but endurance is also a valuable quality.  I hope
that PAEE and the entire network of people and organizations renew old
acquaintances,  make new ones, and move their agendas forward with the
support of our government officials and higher education
institutions.  Let's move forward, but let's not forget to cover our flanks
and our backsides!

Roy